My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Remember The Problems A Fellow Blogger Had...

because he tried to change to the new beta version of Blogger...Whatever happened to Span?

Well, most of us have avoided changing. It appears that I have now been offered a new version that promises many features and the making of posting and editing entries and the template easier.

It does not appear to be a beta version. It is the real thing. However, because I have the trust and a little knowledge to help Rupe with her's(and help given to me by Gavin and Span)I'm still learning and help that I know that I will appreciate from our new colleague Ja using our blogs will become even more enjoyable.

So now the question is...is it safe and should I press the button that offers so much?

From what I have seen at Rupe's blog, as yet she has the version we have all used and the alternative is still a beta version so it would appear that Blogger is working its way through the individual blog accounts either by the legth of time we've blogged or alphabetically.

Its not necessarily so important that we post every day but at least we have a point of reference where we can get back in contact.

And that has to be a good thing!

7 Comments:

Blogger Rupe said...

Gildy, please don't change me to BETA. Gavin designed my bloggy, and he must give me the OK...I hate change anyway. It never works.

11 November 2006 at 20:38  
Blogger ja said...

Its a tough one, as the saying goes 'if its not broke, dont fix it', but then this is a bit different. Personally, the benefits at present are not great enough for me to upgrade to the newer version. There may come a time when, blogger.com, forces its users to switch over.

11 November 2006 at 22:48  
Blogger Curmy said...

Gildy, NO don't change, I'll never cope ! It's taken me ages to even open a blog account.

11 November 2006 at 23:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not changing!

12 November 2006 at 01:11  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

One for all, and all for one...No, I suppose we'll all change together ;-)

My biggest change in years happened two days ago when I chaned my browser Internet Explorer 6 to IE7 and so far it works fine and has a few features that are new. It is available officially at Mirocosofts website as a recommended upgrade...it also is no longer a piece of software being tested.

The layout is different but takes minutes to work out.

And you can go back to IE6.

Now being on dial up I downloaded the new upgrade on the very good and free AVG Virus checker. It took approx 90 minutes and now refuses to work(the old version is still ok)but as this officially kicks in around January, I may have to do the download again, it says something about something about a temporary file could not be created or written to initialize and make sure a directory path exists...

I guess it means another download at some point...

12 November 2006 at 07:16  
Blogger Paul said...

I've had the message appear for weeks now but because of Span's experiences I'm staying put.

Perhaps when the day comes when we do have to change we can do it all together, synchronise to the speaking clock or something otherwise I can't help thinking one of us will be cast adrfit in cyberspace!

13 November 2006 at 18:04  
Blogger Gavin Corder said...

I'm still not entirely sure what Span's difficulties were other than the fact that you have to log in using a google account rather than a blogger account.

I suspect that simply not knowing that this was the case caused the issues, but I wasn't prepared to risk it with Rupe and Sarn's blogs so here we all are.

When Span re-emerges from his self-imposed exile he will get the third degree. Until then, I'm staying put (while working out how to use blogger to publish to a fully hosted url on behalf of aa client).

15 November 2006 at 16:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home