My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, November 10, 2006

I'm Asking For Trouble...

but one story comes along and gets reported in the main TV and Radio channels and suddenly for a few days similar stories seem to crop up...

I was e-mailed a report from a local newspaper that suggested an idiot from the North East of the UK had attempted to light a firework on Bonfire Night from his bottom. The suggestion being(surprise, surprise)that he could have killed himself. There is no suggestion that he was mentally retarded in any way(Really?)so that can not be given as the reason. In fact the latest piece of information says that he was a 22 year old soldier recently returned from Iraq service.

Witnesses did not believe that he would go through with the prank, its been suggested that this was featured in a film from the States called Jackass.

It has seemingly done quite a lot of damage according to an emergency person called to the incident.

I discovered that the free newspaper Metro UK has a website and came across the following story...

There's not a lot you can say...

Metro Newspaper Story

2 Comments:

Blogger Rupe said...

Only one thing to say Gildy, OUCH !!!

10 November 2006 at 10:29  
Blogger Name Witheld said...

This incident happened about a mile from where I live and made headline news in The Sunderland Echo.

10 November 2006 at 18:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home