My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, September 08, 2006

The Mysteries Of Life

Oh there are all the usual questions...Why are we here? What are we doing here? Where are going? And then those daft and silly questions that in reality have absolutely no importance whatsoever but remain a mystery such as...I realised that I had not refilled the feeders that contain peanuts at the back of the garden and it was only by chance because I caught a glimpse of a little blue tit in the distance trying to get a peanut realising just how empty the feeder was.

I should check more often but feeders can last weeks if the starlings have left the area and at present they appear to have. The leaves on the trees hide the feeders and the birds but you know that you are helping them and offering them protection and privacy.

So before I went out for my check up at the Dr's I started to fill the feeders. There was nothing unusual. I filled the first. I filled the second and now to the last one. The plastic bracket that the branch of the tree goes through was there but no feeder. Oh, its fallen to the ground, I'll pick it up, fill it and re-connect it.

I have looked over every part of the garden, directly below the branch and the surrounding area and beyond. There is no feeder. The wire mesh part is missing. Either full or empty its not there. Luckily, I had a spare feeder that fitted the bracket but of course that does not explain where that feeder has disappeared to.

Its not likely that someone would climb into a garden to remove a feeder or half a one, besides you have to climb over numerous 6 foot high fences in every direction that divide all the gardens or over buildings to access the gardens so I am at a loss to explain where the feeder has gone.

Unless you have an explanation.

Birds are still not as many as earlier in the year but even with all the alterations next door which I believe have played their part, its still to do with the time of year and the abundance of food elsewhere. Though as I write this I can see three collared doves, two sparrows and a blackbird so there are a few still popping in.

Well, seeing as I mentioned seeing my own Dr and and an earlier entry mentioned my medical history...I may as well(in passing) let you know how things are progressing and whilst mobility and other things could be better...I think(and hope)that the original condition is still being controlled and/or slowed down. I don't need to see him but my thinking is that, he can give me the information that has come through from the Consultant and willing for me to be checked out before I see my consultant so I almost already sure that I am ok before I see him. Or prepared otherwise.

Also, having a check up between hospital visits anything slightly untoward will be picked early and considering I felt ok originally hence not seeing a Dr, had I visited whilst thinking I was ok again the condition may've been spotted sooner thus prevention is better than the cure...right?

So anyone reading this and feeling fine, don't worry or go overboard but if its been a while since you went to see your Dr or you have not done so because you feel fine...do yourself a favour and check out the basics. You go to see a Dr only when you feel ill is the wrong answer.

Weight(though I'd like to lose a little)is constant and considering my lack of exercise I am only around 7lbs heavier than I used to be, blood pressure is stable(even if its helped with one blood pressure tablet) urine sample is as it should be and now I await the results of a blood test that I shall have taken on Monday. Unbeknown to me though my bloods have been very good they had been heading ever so slightly in the wrong direction but the last one actually improved again so I hopeful that this one will be as good but until the results are back I won't know but as everything else is alright, I am daring to think that the blood test will be fine too. Its important because on Thursday of next week I have my quarterly appointment with my consultant.

So for now, I feel positive and have to admit that I will be happy whether its good or bad news when the appointment is over. But I am ever thankful that I have been given the care and continue to be monitored, in one way its like having a regular check up which I could not afford privately.

4 Comments:

Blogger Linda Mason said...

Squirrels! They are amazing little creatures. I bet they've nicked that feeder.

Pleased that everything is Ok with you at present.

8 September 2006 at 21:53  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That sounds as good as any idea that I have come up with. What would be left after it being dragged somewhere is anyone's guest but having seen the odd show on television of what they are capable of, yep it could be.

Late last year I watched from the bedroom a squirrel moving what looked like a flower bulb around the garden but it was too large/heavy to carry either by paw or by mouth, It gave up...later on as I went out to put it back it turned out to be a big walnut in its shell.

Now I had not put that out in my garden so it had been either dragged all the way from another garden and/or must've still been buried in my garden so it had some determination.

I broke it open and place the pieces of nut where hopefully it or its friends found it as a reward.

Thanks for the good wishes too

G xx

8 September 2006 at 23:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gildy, the Squirrels once completely destroyed one of my feeders, but to drag it away, is very unusual.
Glad everythings going well on the health front.

9 September 2006 at 10:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wishes, Gildy. Very good point about seeing the doctor regularly.

9 September 2006 at 23:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home