My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Isn't the Human Body Strange?

I can't believe that I'm writing this...

For years I have had a clicking jaw...or rather if I opened my jaw it would get to a point where it kind felt like a spring being released and if it reached that point you could see that it was not a smooth movement not that I deliberately opened it that far if I could help it but sometimes it gave a kind of relief. In fact it was probably opening too wide.

And having heard a medical programme only weeks ago the consultant explained that it is a complicated joint but relatively easy to fix with the help of medical help and/or dentists. The cartilage slips out of alignment. And its a very common ailment.

In the last ten days after all these years(most of my life)its corrected itself. I don't think that I could make it behave as before if I wanted to.

Weird!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gildy, it's very strange that it has suddenly righted itself, but I understand that can happen.

21 September 2006 at 10:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gildy, maybe that's Gordon Browns'
problem. He does make a rather strange movement with his mouth.

Am so pleased you have clicked into place.
Be careful eating apples !!

21 September 2006 at 16:10  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks Curmy...

You know what Rupe...I seem to remember that it was an apple tha caused the problem all those years ago...

So how close you are to the truth.

Thankfully, my jaw did not do that particular Brown but maybe its a reason.

This blog is turning into a list medical ailments ;-)

I do one final ailment I always hope may improve but as things sometimes happen in threes I'll keep my fingers crossed.

21 September 2006 at 16:23  
Blogger Crispin Heath said...

One of the enduring memories of my mother was her clicking jaw. Never seemed to bother her at all.

Did it ever hurt, I remember tinking that it sounded like it should hurt.

21 September 2006 at 16:47  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Even stranger, I could hear it but no one else seemed to and perhaps thats because it never really caused much trouble when eating. Its such a common problem...they say it can be caused by clenching the jaw or grinding of teeth.

Interesting programme on it on the Radio 4 Check up page where all kinds of shows exist on medical matters.

22 September 2006 at 21:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home