My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

I Probably Will Not Mention LBC For Awhile, You Can Only Say So Much...

There are other things happening but I guess the fact that LBC FM went nationwide and only managed to because of digital radio it is an event, as it is(even if still based in London)as close to Talk Radio that we had around 10 years ago and some presenters are now at LBC or return to fill in when the regulars are on holiday. Unfortunately, because of the set up DAB Radio in the UK many stations are having to broadcast in mono and at a bitrate less than many feel acceptable for quality. I do wonder if DAB radio can take off over here or its a inbetween step towards another sytem that will be brought out in the future. For anyone thinking of getting DAB radio I'll put a link up for you to see what the situation is in the UK and around the world.

LBC has decided to put up some new photo's of some their presenters and there are more than I show here. I am not intending to break any copyright as if anything its publicity for their station and again I will be posting a link to their site so you can read what is there and see more images.


Steve Allen
And its good to see some decent pictures made available of Steve Allen which are very hard to find on the net or anywhere for that matter.
Nick Abbot
The fact that LBC has taken a publicity shot tends to suggest that as long as Nick wants to stay at LBC there is a job for him and again he does have a big following...oh how I wish I had recordings of some of the material he broadcast when he was on Talk Radio overnight...one routine about the Queen Mother was absolutely brilliant.
Bill Buckley

If you haven't seen Bill for some time, he's done much over the years but was one of the most regular panelists on Easter Rantzen's consumer programme that aired on Sunday nights on BBC1 called That's Life. He may take some recognising because back then he had a full head of hair.

Its personal but I think that the best material on LBC is to be heard roughly between Midnight and 7am weekdays as the overnight programmes are less franatic and there is time to talk. And Midday - 2pm weekdays with Anna Raeburn. Saturday Nick Abbot 10pm - 1am. Overnight is ok again at weekends. And of course Sundays Midday - 3pm with Steve is pretty good.

What still baffles me is how(and its probably very simple in reality)in all the locations now listening to LBC at various points throughout the schedule there are opt outs for more localised news and traffic information and some is more detailed than what I can hear locally.


Also, I do wonder if there are satellite studios across the country or if whether all the localised bullitens are played in from London via computer and though reasonably up to date are recorded as I tuned into a neighbouring version of the station and though it was the same person reading the script the contents were different.
Its all very clever.

As promised here is the LBC link again

And here is the DAB site

New National Jazz Station Launching Soon

1 Comments:

Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

If you check out the DAB site Span, you may be surprised to see that Spain has some digital radio stations...

17 September 2006 at 00:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home