My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, October 18, 2010

That Drug Problem...

You know the one that was omitted from the drugs I collected last week from the pharmacy with my prescription...

Today I contacted my Dr's surgery at 9.30am for help, they said they'd get back to me...

2.30pm and still no joy!

I phoned again and explained again the trouble...

2.45pm sorted!

Another chemist on the town can supply and says as far as they are aware there are no problems getting that drug.

They were to deliver it as a one off to the Dr's surgery for me to collect tomorrow and save me having to get a taxi over to that part of town but they are now delivering to my home address this afternoon.

So do you know what I think? I have no proof but I believe that Boots simply forgot to order the drug and covered their backs by saying it was a problem with the suppliers.

If the largest pharmacy in the UK cannot get the drug and others can...there's something wrong.

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Maybe it was just the local Boots branch Gildy, people will say and do anything to avoid being proved wrong/made to look silly/lose business to another service etc. Gone are the days when a regular reply would be "have you tried so-and-so?" (even if they were the competition).

18 October 2010 at 21:08  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Well Span, I think this time I will walk and use another pharmacy, possibly the one that helped this time who collect and deliver to your home address.

It's an independent business and I was told today they serve a large area of my town and it's been around for around for decades.

I suspect our local branch of Boots is only being kept afloat by the prescription side of things.

It is low on staff and has a lot of competition now. If it continues to fail it's loyal customer base they'll walk.

If I could've had my prescription back so I could've gone elsewhere would've helped but once you've accepted the other drugs on the prescription you are stuck.

19 October 2010 at 04:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home