My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Panic! Well Almost...

When I collected my drugs on Tuesday for my illness(one was unavailable)I was told to come in the following day but I waited until yesterday that gave them four days to get that particular item in stock.

Yesterday, it still was unavailable and the answer given was that Boots the Chemists could not get hold of it from suppliers.

I have heard on the radio that some drugs are being sold abroad where manufacturer's/supplier's can get a better price so I started to wonder if this is the reason but it's not good if a main retailer(probably the UK's biggest)is having problems.

I asked what I should do if it doesn't come in this Monday...I was told to contact the Dr again and see what they can do possibly offering a substitute.

Luckily, I have a few tablets remaining but what if I had run out? Especially as the Dr's surgery is closed over weekends.

I contacted NHS Direct(a phoneline for advice)and what a helpful lady on the phone...lovely manner too and as I ended the call I was thinking this poor soul will soon be out of work as our Government is closing the service in this drastic cuts fest on Wednesday in a budget and they are promising to hurt just about everyone in work or out of work.

They say everyone will be touched! The vulnerable, the sick, the elderly and unemployed are facing the worst of them. To avoid it you need to be very rich or a tax dodger. Many are very, very, scared and even those who are in work may find the opposite in the near future. Enough political chat.

Anyhow, if I had run out of the drug(I thought I had even fewer of the tablets)this weekend her advice was phone the out of hours emergency Dr service.

Luckily I haven't had to do that. But it's not good as it's a drug you cannot drop suddenly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

it is a pity that many will suffer but I hope they know whom to blame.

18 October 2010 at 21:05  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

To some extent it's the previous inhabitants of Number 10 but now it's the new tennents(or probably those who are in partnership in the coalition)

Things are leaking out into the media now before the official announcement on Wednesday and some are not official cuts as such but proposed plans are as good as if they are passed through Parliament.

What's happening because of the demonisation of certain sections of society the population is starting to argue and fight amongst themselves. And its turning quite nasty.

19 October 2010 at 04:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home