My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Easy As Pie...

I did get around to making that fish pie I kept saying that I would...my first.

But I ended up doing a different and easier recipe than planned. Initially, I was worried that the fish may not cook and I would find it still raw. I need not have panicked. It came out fine.

Why was it easy? I chose fish with little if any bones and avoided adding a sauce this time.

So here is the recipe...it's not mine but I equally cannot see how you can claim any recipe exclusively.

Choose a selection of fish(I chose hake, salmon and cod)

Cut it into suitable sized chunks. Place in an oven proof dish.

Add a selection of vegetables(I slightly boiled some of my to be sure they would not remain hard)I added leeks, swede, carrot, celery, broccoli, some grated cheese, garlic, herbs.

I topped it with mashed potato.

Placed it in the oven for 35-40 minutes at 200 degrees...

The potato turned a golden brown but inside remained hot and did not dry out.

And it was a success.

I will do it again but with this basic recipe you van change it every time depending on what you add. But you know what's inside and can decide whether to add salt and pepper etc...

3 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

my mouth is watering Gildy! hmmmmmm

If you're worried about the fish or if it is a particularly thick piece you could pre-cook it or just pop it in with the veg (slightly preboiling)

7 July 2009 at 11:03  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks Span, I appreciate that verdict and extra information about how to cook it. So it would appear that my idea of pre boiling is the solution...

I've still to get back to making more comment in reply to your's about salt on my last post...which I will do soon...

I won't go into great detail but things went quite well at the last appointment at the hospital with my Consultant so for now...things look reasonably positive and I can continue to enjoy my food ;-)

7 July 2009 at 14:52  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Gildy, that's great news!

8 July 2009 at 21:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home