My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What Is A Bargain...

I don't know whether this changes as you get older but yesterday I had a mini shopping trip and did all I could to avoid spending a lot and going to the large supermarket on the town...

So what bargains did I find? I never thought that I would say this...400 Typhoo Teabags for £2.99 and this will not happen for much longer and is only prolonging the inevitable, a shop in town had managed to put on the shelves some of the traditional light bulbs that are being phased out in favour of the energy saving type which are still unpopular with many and are supposed to make the reading of books and newspapers difficult. Considering that it costs 99p for six bulbs(and you can buy 5 new energy bulbs for 50p)you can see what is happening. Unfortunately, it's still the shape of the new bulbs that doesn't help making them difficult to use in existing lampshades and fittings.

I have heard how in many countries people are stocking up on the traditional bulbs and if I see anymore I will be doing so too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

400 teabags....3 quid...how long will that last you Gildy?!!

26 June 2009 at 19:49  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

If I am not told to reduce my liquid intake(and this will sound as though I am being a miser)I can get a couple of flasks of tea or numerous mugs of tea out of one tea bag and these are supposed to be one tea bag per cup!

So they could last quite a long time :-) 2-3 in a day perhaps?

I can buy other well known brands that work out at a similar price but Typhoo has had a popular name for years so that's still a good buy.

26 June 2009 at 20:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home