My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, July 27, 2007

Back To Radio Matters...

I will write more personal views and thoughts but as I mentioned previously BBC Radio Essex Pirate broadcasts happening in August with many of those great broadcasters taking part...

And also some of the many radio stations that were on ships around the UK coast in the 60's(really only for as little as approx 3 years)but are held in such high regard by those who listened back then, I linked to and talked of Swinging Radio England and Britain Radio...

Well guess what!

Two of the most popular pirate radio stations from the 1960's are coming back in August to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the 1967 Marine Offences act. The special programmes from Swinging Radio England and Britain Radio will be available for one week only.

Radio Today

And here's even more details of this special event which will be available online

Swinging Radio England And Britain Radio

If you have broadband...enjoy!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gildy can you get Radio Essex? With you not having broadband I hope you are not going to be missing out.

Lxxx

28 July 2007 at 05:05  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I may hear some...not much, I have a restriction of 200 hours a month but even with broadband, most have a cap on how much you can download...

My ISP has been bought by BT and for now I don't know what difference that will make to the contract, prices, download allowence etc...I am still waiting to see if the name will change.

28 July 2007 at 16:25  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Excellent Gildy, as I write this I'm listeneing to radio Britain.

SRE starts on 12th Aug (they have a message plus some music informing the listeners when you click on the link.

I'm now singing (yes!)..

...ya tell me over and over and over again, my friend...you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction...

Barry Maguire (1965)

29 July 2007 at 21:24  
Blogger Span Ows said...

yippee...now the Beatles...

Baby's good to me...

...

29 July 2007 at 21:26  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I love all this and yet I probably will hear very little of it unless I save up my hours and put them towards hearing the radio over August.

Still thinking of going on broadband and my ISP is trying to persuade me but as they've just been taken over by BT and are promising some new ideas in the Autumn I may wait rather than sign up now.

3 August 2007 at 00:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links, Gildy. I'm listening to Swinging Radio England right now. The Rolling Stones are on.

I've never listened to a pirate radio station before.

I hope you are able to switch to broadband soon.

8 August 2007 at 00:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And now the Beatles are on. Much, much better than the Stones!

8 August 2007 at 01:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home