My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, October 20, 2006

How Are You Doing?

Nothing much happening around here...I've done some shopping and reported missing bank cards and things like that...that's as exciting as it gets at present. That and me waiting for one my final molars to break off which to be honest I cannot understand why its taking so long.

So how about a little bit of lighthearted fun?

Perhaps this is a hoax or...perhaps not.

I first came across this by half listening to Steve Allen on LBC this morning. The question was asked or it was suggested that a song is being shared around the internet which claims to be Peter Andre and his model(?)wife Jordan/Katie Price singing a duet for their new album to be released in the future.

The idea was that just maybe some sound engineer had taken a feed of the duet before it was passed through the desk and various software available to improve the sound.

Later in the same programme this suspect clip was played in tandem with what was the duet sounding great and it was said that the on screen graph matched when compared and the vocals on both were perfectly matched when played together either though one was in tune and the other was not.

So you'll have to decide but the following links will take you to a newspaper article as seen in Australia where Peter and Jordan give their opinions on the clip that is doing the rounds and the other link will allow you to hear or download the song all for yourself.

Its on the net, its in the papers, its been on radio...
Enjoy...

We're Not Guilty

The Evidence

6 Comments:

Blogger Rupe said...

Gildy, I heard the Steve Allen programme this morning as well, he's been going on all week about Jordan and her hubby singing that song.

They were definitely singing both times. First time she was out of tune by 6 miles, and the second had been thru' the clever process of putting out of tune voices in tune. I understand from a friend in the business, it's quite common, as hardly any of these "artists" can keep in tune all the time.
Also a lot people singing on TV are
silent, and lip synching to the original recording.
You can tell by the lack of speakers etc etc.

20 October 2006 at 21:10  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Hello Rupe,
I wondered if you might've heard that. I heard the excerpt on Thursday's programme.

Someone, somewhere today said that it comes from their wedding day when they both got up to "do a turn"

Wish I could think where I heard that explanation...

Today I missed his show :-( My recorder did tape it but the satellite managed to go wrong(simple to fix)and so when I came to play it back I had two hours of dead air.

To make matters worse I did drift slightly out of sleep to hear it on my DAB radio in my room but fell asleep again but if I'd known of the problem I could've dubbed the show on to the pc to hear later.

And because normally I manage to hear things either live or record my own version to listen to later I have not as yet signed up to the podcasts that is available for downloading.

20 October 2006 at 23:23  
Blogger Rupe said...

Podcasts?? Gildy just between you and me, I don't know what they are. I guess you have to have an ipod, God knows what that is, how do you put tons of stuff on it.?..it damages your hearing after a while I would have thought.

I think I'll ask my son, he's in the UK this weekend.

But if you explain to me in very simple terms, I'll write it down, so I won't forget, xxxx

21 October 2006 at 12:17  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Podcast...its really just a way to download music or radio programmes from the internet. They can be listened and played back from the computer's hard drive via speakers, burned onto blank cd's or dvd's for playing later.

Or as the original name suggests were originally downloaded to a device such as an I-pod or a similar device so you can take them with you perhaps when on holiday, travelling on the tube or somewhere.

But I agree with you wearing headphones for too long and too loud will be responsible for many people suffering with damaged hearing just as being at a loud concert will. Even musicians these days tend to wear ear plugs to protect their hearing.

The solution if owning an i-pod is to have a travel speaker so you can play it via that in a hotel room or an adapter if playing it through a stereo system or the like.

They are great little machines and easier to use than it at first seems.

Hope this explanation helps...

23 October 2006 at 21:01  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

PS I don't have one yet...but my Uncle who is around 25-30 years older than me does...he took it to Spain with him and played it through his small stereo system at his apartment.

23 October 2006 at 21:03  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

In even simpler terms think of a podcast as a tv or radio broadcast. That you can listen to live or to listen later via a computer or transferred to an I-pod so you can listen away from the computer.

23 October 2006 at 22:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home