My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Lost The TV Series...

I lost the plot ages ago because after watching the first few episodes it got away from me and I never seemed to get back to watching it. That has happened with many, many programmes in recent years.

But anyone who has followed series 1 and 2 on Channel 4 or their satellite channels, Sky had pulled off a master stroke by aquiring the rights to series 3 so unless you have Sky, you'll have to wait for the DVD release or until another station gains the rights again. Though we all know that the episodes will be available on the internet somewhere or there may be a download available on an official site.

You can post comments but after this public service announcement I will probably delete this entry...so any comments may be lost...no pun intended.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mister Frost said...

How odd you should mention this Gildy. I've just "acquired" the first three episodes of the new series online and am burning them to DVD for my Czech friend Jana who is a HUGE fan. I'm just downloading Desperate Housewives new series for her too.

I have no idea what Lost is really about but the women seem awfully well made up considering. Aren't they all supposed to be dead or something?

20 October 2006 at 00:14  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That may be the twist? I had not thought of that but the last series divided the audience, those who felt let down and those who cannot wait for the next series.

20 October 2006 at 00:39  
Blogger Mister Frost said...

Oh, Gildy! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to spoil anything for you. I don't know for sure but I've heard that rumour from a couple of people who watch it. I thought it was common currency. If that was the twist I'd be mighty hacked off if I watched it though. I don't think it can be. Far too daft surely,

20 October 2006 at 01:30  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Nothing spoilt.

I have seriously lost track of just about every popular tv series that is on air.

I miss a few episodes and then let them go but then probably miss something really brilliant and then complain that there's nothing on...

The problem is I video things and never seem to get the tapes played back or cannot be bothered to come upstairs to watch something if something else is on downstairs but I may get a new pc soon which will have an in built tuner or connection so I can video to hard drive and use the pc monitor as a television.

20 October 2006 at 02:35  
Blogger Rupe said...

Gildy, you are such a technical wizard. I am a dumbo.
I don't know how to record anything, don't know how to text messages. Don't know how to use a memeory on mobile 'phone.

Regarding Lost, I got completely lost after the second episode.

20 October 2006 at 21:03  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Just comes from constant use(and the need to have someone show me what to do)but you know what...I don't know anyone :-(

I think you're great and doing very well...

I like your comment on Lost ;-)

23 October 2006 at 22:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home