My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, October 13, 2006

A Disclaimer?

It may seem that not much is happening around here at the minute...Oh, I have my views and opinions on world events and I will make them known ;-) but can I beg this of any reader...especially if from another faith or culture as sometimes it can be forgotten that blogs are being read by others across the world whose own views will be affected by personal circumstances, their own faith and culture etc...

You will not always agree with me nor I with you but I do hope that you'll find that I am a person who you could work alongside, live alongside, tolerate and respect even if we beg to differ. Its lovely to agree and have an affinity but even to disagree or find another view that makes you think or possibly see things from another angle, we learn, we grow. But what is important is that even if you see things differently that if you believe yourself to be true stay true to your yourself and your faith, after all one of us must be right and we'll only know when that day comes to us all...

The trouble these days is that with so many pressure groups, political correctness, misunderstanding, legal documents, faiths and extreme organisations about so many things in our lives something said as a genuine point of discussion, a question or something said without any genuine wish to offend could result in abuse. This could also result in some blogs not being representative of the blogger because we are always looking over our shoulder in case we say something that causes an explosion of ill feeling.

In a way this is a disclaimer I suppose but is worth considering both as a writer and reader of blogs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

I know what you mean Gildy.

In the New Forest town where I work and have done so for 23 years there is a weekly free newspaper. I send in letters about once a month but always under an alias - not because I am ashamed of my left-wing views but because I don't want my clients to know it's me.

I've written a few things for my blog and then deleted them due to a lack of conviction and others I've gone ahead with and put up with the backlash.

13 October 2006 at 18:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said, Gildy. Just because our views or beliefs may differ doesn't mean we can't discuss them and/or learn from each other.

15 October 2006 at 23:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home