My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

On A Lighter Note...

(I'm not finished with the previous blog entry)I'll regroup and say how I feel in the next few hours. And what I feel for the support that I have been given by true friends in worrying times.

The reason for this post because I cannot do it anywhere else(and I have been thinking of doing so for a long time.Thank you to anyone who has linked my blog to theirs and surprisingly I discovered that Ivan G. Shreve, Jr who runs a blog full of information about great television of the past and also information as to what is being released has been kind enough to include me in his list of blogs worth looking at. The Thrilling Days Of Yesteryear(I suspect that's a reference to The Lone Ranger ;-)

A link can be found on the left of my blog to this site and will as far as I am able to say remain there but to make life little easier for you to pop over there and see some other great links that are on that blog worth looking at here's another...

Thrilling Days Of Yesteryear

The truth is there is just too much good stuff out there to read.

I probably had intentions to talk about something similar about radio/television and that seems only fair with my pseudonym and I will get around to doing so. Thank You.

Whether you are here by chance, it is only one visit or you regularly drop in...thank you.

I also understand that whilst reading my thoughts sometimes it is not necessary to leave any comments. Sometimes you just want to read. I cannot always leave comments at every place I visit, I'd need more than a 24 hour day and probably have less sleep than I do now, you being interested in something that I write is appreciated and since putting the map on the blog, I have discovered readers around the world that I probably would not have expected.

No one is more surprised than me.

I am even more than a little surprised that I decided to write a blog as I have never thought of writing a diary. Perhaps its a small way of leaving a mark that we existed and were once on this planet.

Who knows, if you have a blog or website I may have even visited you...

Gildy x

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's good new Gildy.

22 July 2006 at 11:54  
Blogger Span Ows said...

A good blog for the 'old hands', I'm sure they use your old radio link etc. Keep it up!

Nice to see the dots appearing on your map :-)

23 July 2006 at 15:33  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gildy, I see your e-mails are up the creek, so's Rupe's

23 July 2006 at 22:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello Dazed Penguin, just want to tell you that I love your name.
It makes me smile.

24 July 2006 at 21:02  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Welcome along Dazed Penguin, I wrote a comment for you but looking here it seems to have disappeared somewhere.

Hope you'll pop in now and again around the Radio 5 gang's blogs(and not be too shocked by what you read)but we can talk of things that would get a mention elsewhere.

Rupe, welcome and good to see you...that powercut messed up my e-mail plans at the weekend and my synopsis of what's been happening that I was to write you've seen here I suspect.

What a carry on eh?

Take Care

Gildy x

I must admit that I like Dazed name too. Makes you smile...

25 July 2006 at 15:42  
Blogger Span Ows said...

I see you've got teh neo-counter...I love mine and have clocked up nearly 70 countries! On your map I have contributed 3 or 4 dots but missed out on adding the flags on neocounter as I've only been in Venezuela since you put it up (24th July - fiesta day in Venezuela and birthday of Simon Bolivar)

28 July 2006 at 11:36  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Well, I thought about it for ages and what sites can be trusted especially when parting with money...

I may get a surprise with where people pop in from accidentially or regularly and we'll never know who reads our thoughts but some of the most unusual will be down to you ;-)

The one that is least reliable I guess for me is the UK as when I visit my own blog I add to the number, for yourself that may be Spain or England depending on where your blog is based.

But I like gadgets. And now I have the code to have the text scolling directly on the background of the blog's layout.

29 July 2006 at 10:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home