My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

More pleasure than you can measure...

I'm asking for trouble posting this on my blog. I can't believe I am writing this("Close your eyes Mother")Its so tempting not to mention it and let it pass by but I am amazed that it has not been picked up by the media at large. No pun was intended but you'll see it is quite appropriate. And I am choosing my words very carefully.

I'll whisper...

Channel 4 television in the UK during its time has been accused of many, many things and it has always courted controversy and though it has brought some great programmes to these shores that other terrestrial stations avoided or let slip, it has also dumbed down television with programmes such as Wife Swap and Big Brother. And we've had the dissections of dead bodies, how to have surgery to increase the size of (well, you can guess)

Ok its personal and what is rubbish to one person will always be great entertainment or informative to someone else.

Just as happens in music and literature. Then we have the old adage that something can be so bad...its good.

The Guardian newspaper reports that(I'm going to shorten the story and not quote directly)

Hundreds of people are expected to gather in a hall in central London on August 5 to pleasure themselves in aid of charity.

There is, I kid you not, an organisation in America...that has run mass events in the US for the past five years to raise money for safe sex groups and plans to replicate the formula in the UK.

The event takes place during the first week in August.

If true, an independent production company is to follow the organisers and participants for a 60-minute film which will air on Channel 4 later this year. I wonder how graphic the programme will be...I suspect a lot of above the waist camera shots or close ups on faces unless those taking part require to remain anonymous.

Prizes will be on offer and there is the hope that the current record, according to the organisers will be broken, which is at present is eight-and-a-half hours.

And people attending will be sponsored.

I am not sure that I can add much more.

Had it been April Fool's Day...in the back of my mind I still wonder if it is some big wind up...

I've shocked myself and probably some of my readers ;-)

But hey, being male how long did you think it would be before S-e-x was mentioned?

BTW Just to show how Channel 4 can serve up some luke warm fare...

Whatever you think of the game show 'Deal Or No Deal' that has become popular across the world...its taking a Summer break so in place of it we get...

'Come Dine With Me' The Radio Times listings blurb says a Cullinary challenge starting with a week long celebrity contest in which five people take turns to cook for each other.

Ok, who wants to decide who is actually a celebrity amongst this selection? Roland Rivron, Linda Robson, Anneka Rice, Toby Young and Aggie Mackenzie.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh Gildy, would you believe it ? !
I'm shocked !

19 July 2006 at 20:03  
Blogger Linda Mason said...

Hey Gildy, do you have a link? I quite fancy a shot at the world record ;-)

20 July 2006 at 21:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home