My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

More Radio...

Three new radio services have or are about to pop up on Sky's satellite system TheJazz(which is also available on DAB just do a scan to load it into your DAB Radio now)Its managed by the same company that has made ClassicFM so popular.Official start date 25th December 2006 9am.
They hope to do for Jazz what the other has for Classical music.Test transmission for now, lots of weird technical noises. Sounds a bit like a hearing test. Things may change but it appears that on DAB Radio it will be broadcasting in mono but the bitrate is higher than some other stations that are in mono but still lower than many of the stereo stations.

The radio service of the British Forces(BFBS)is now appearing on a Sky Transponder too.

And we also have Radio Music Shop which is one of the new breed of radio stations that play music but hope that you will buy cd's of the music that you are listening to. And the website so far suggests that the cd's are available at a reasonable price. I hope that the range of cd's and music will become wider. I believe this is also available on Freeview.

A message to Dee my new reader. I found your blog and will link to you soon, I tried to leave a comment but your security is so good I'll have to see how to get around that ;-)

You can never have too much security...

1 Comments:

Blogger Rupe said...

Gildy, I am just testing this to see if I can leave a messge here.
I am only contactable via my bloggy. Bloody nightmare, xx

15 December 2006 at 18:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home